05 Mar We are recruiting
Marketing and Media Officer
As part of The Redemptorists we have an ongoing commitment through print, and media to address the issues that concern broken and wounded families, secular culture and the cry for social justice.
Our mission is to bring the Good News to the poor and abandoned.
About the Role
Working directly to the CEO you will be responsible for communicating the message of redemption and hope to a wider, more inclusive audience. You will do this by actively contributing to developing and implementing our marketing strategies and developing our online capabilities.
If you’re a passionate individual who wants to make a positive difference in society, can prioritise workload and build open and honest relationships with stakeholders, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for an ‘exceptional’ digital marketer skilled in content creation who has previous experience preferably in web (including basic HTML) and content management systems (including WordPress). Not only will you have the necessary skills but you will also be passionate about building an online community and making a real difference to people in need.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively contribute to the development of communications strategies to connect with broken or wounded families in a secular culture.
- Contribute to the development of and implement social media campaigns
- Develop and update the Company Social Media Content strategy and program – including potential expansion into new channels and platforms
- Grow social media audience size and engagement
- Manage the social media channels – posts, shares, responses to comments in accordance with the Governance Framework
- Manage our websites
- Prepare and distribute EDMs
- Source or create content for digital media
- Measurement and reporting
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
An understanding of, and commitment to, the teachings of the Catholic Church and a commitment to the philosophy and core values
Be qualified in either communications or public relations and have between 2-4 years communications management experience including:
- Marketing communications
- Social and digital content generation – including design, management and implementation of effective digital communications campaigns to grow and engage with new audiences.
- A sense of purpose and commitment to mission will be key to your success in this role.
In return you will have the opportunity to work as an integral member of a team that strives to make a positive difference to people’s lives in an organisation that has a long and rich history of working with those at the margins of society and is committed to your ongoing personal and professional development.
View or download the position description here
More information is available by calling our office on 03 9592 2777 or email email@example.com
To apply please forward a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only candidates that meet our selection criteria will be contacted.