Pope says the violence must end
“I renew my appeal for an end to the ongoing violence against the Palestinian civilian population in the West Bank,” Poe Leo told pilgrims at the Vatican on Sunday.
“I urgently call on the international community to work toward advancing the two-state solution, for a just and lasting peace,” Leo added.
The village of Taybeh has seen frequently violent raids by Israeli settlers in recent months. The Israeli military has had to declare the town a “closed military zone”, prohibiting entry to non-residents. Israeli said the restriction applied only to Israelis and not Palestinians.
Bishop James Curry, auxiliary of Westminster and Lead Bishop for the Holy Land for the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales, has expressed his concern at the decision.
The settler violence had already started by July last year, when the Greek Orthodox and Latin patriarchs issued a joint appeal and criticised Israeli authorities for allowing attacks on Taybeh.
Source: Crux Now.
We encourage you to share and use this material on your own website. However, when using materials from Majellan Media’s website, please include the following in your citation: Sourced from www.majellan.media