Rissoles with crunchy salsa
Easy to make, economical and great tasting!
SERVES 4, PREP TIME: 35 MINS, COOK TIME: 10MIN, DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 650g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices crusty bread, to serve
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional)
Step 1. Place mince, brown onion, garlic, celery salt, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs and egg in a bowl. Season with pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 12 rissoles. Place on a tray. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Step 2. Meanwhile, make Crunchy Salsa Trim celery, reserving the small young leaves. Finely dice celery stalk. Place in a bowl with tomato, red onion, lime juice, oil, reserved celery leaves and Tabasco sauce (if using). Season.
Step 3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook rissoles, in 2 batches, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Serve rissoles with crunchy salsa and crusty bread.