Roast vegetable frittata
20 mins preparation: 1 hr 5 mins cooking: Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram zucchini, cut into chunks
- 500 gram pumpkin, seeds and skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm x 22cm baking dish. Pour oil onto an oven tray and heat 2-3 minutes.
- Toss zucchini, pumpkin and garlic in oil to coat. Season to taste. Sprinkle over sage. Bake 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Season to taste.
- Arrange vegetables in dish and sprinkle with basil. Pour over egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cover with foil and bake a further 10-15 minutes, until set. Cut into wedges.
Serve with salad leaves.